Chemical / Air Induction System
The MEGA-SWEET chemical / air induction system is used to create a vacuum that draws in either chemicals or air into the final contact chamber. The Mega SWEET (Submersible Wastewater Efficient Effluent Treatment) system requires little maintenance and is a reliable solution for new installations as well as retro fitting an existing system.
- Gas or liquid chemical feed systems available
- Simple design
- Eliminates potable water use for vacuum creation
- Submersed dispersion through diffuser reduces off-gassing
- Safe operation – vacuum feed
- Less maintenance
- Lower operation and capital cost
- Reduced chemical consumption
- Easy to retrofit, prop-style flash mixers with a trade-in or exchange
- Lower initial capital cost
- More user friendly to operate
- Does not create off gassing of propeller styles
- SWEET package is water cooled and/or requires less frequent lubrication
The Mega SWEET was created in order to provide our customers a solution for the frequent induction pump failures and high costs associated with maintaining propeller-type systems.
Common Problems with propeller-type systems:
- Mechanical problems and excessive chemical dispersion, are common issues found with Flash Mixers and propeller Induction Pumps.
- Trash becoming entangled in the propeller, resulting in expensive seal and bearing failures.
- Often, in wastewater treatment plants with propeller-type systems, de-chlor chemicals are dispersed too far back into the chlorine contact chamber, which neutralizes the chlorine and contact time prematurely.
- Monthly lubrication is required for propeller type designs.